Here is a list of some of the most hazardous cleansers found around the house.
Air Fresheners: interfere with your ability to smell by releasing nerve-deadening agents or coating nasal passages with an oil film, usually Methoxyclor, a pesticide which accumulates in fat cells. Another toxic chemical found in air fresheners is Phenol. When Phenol touches your skin it can cause it to swell, burn, peel and break out in hives.
Antibacterial Cleaners: may contain Triclosan, which is absorbed through the skin and can be tied with liver damage.
Furniture Polish: caontains petroleum distillates, which are highly flammable and can cause skin and lung cancer. They contain Nitrobenzene, which is easily absorbed through the skin and extremely toxic.
Bleach: is a strong corrosive. It will irritate or burn the skin, eyes or respiratory tract. It may cause pulmonary edema or vomiting and coma if ingested. Never mix bleach with an acid toilet bowl cleaner or ammonia. These mixtures may produce fumes which can be deadly.