Nothing brings a cosier ambience to your home then a fire burning on the hearth. However, that cheerful little fire can make a big mess. You should clean your fireplace completely at least once a year or more frequently if you use it often.
1. Lay protective coverings over the floor around the fireplace and anything else you want to keep clean. Also wear any protective equipment you see fit to use.
2. Take andirons and grate outside and use a stiff bristle brush to remove built up brush.
3. Remove loose ash from fireplace
4. Use a brush or some kind of scraper to loosen soot form the walls of the fireplace
5. Sweep or vacuum the rest of the soot
6. Now it’s time to deep clean. Use a bucket of warm water and a sponge starting from the top and work down.
7. Spray the dampened area with the foaming cleanser. Let it sit for about a minute. Then use the brush to scrub the area.
8. Use a sponge to rinse the dirty foam.
9. You can either leave the walls to air dry or dry them with old rags.